During this online course, we will cover common PCE questions, discuss marking guides, learn frameworks for tackling hard questions and develop techniques to tackle unexpected questions.
Practical Crash Course
Four LIVE sessions with Erin Reeds WITH Q&A time.
- March 24th – Exercise Prescription Framework and Practice Stations (session recorded and available for students to watch anytime)
- April 7th – IPMA: Reviewing Auscultation Framework and Possible Stations (session recorded and available for students to watch anytime)
- April 28th – Selecting the Appropriate Transfer (session recorded and available for students to watch anytime)
- May 12th – Modalities Framework and Possible Stations
All sessions will be one hour on Sundays at 5:00pm (PST) / 8:00pm (EST)
- Each session we will review station frameworks and practice stations.
- All practical webinars up until the date of the PCE exam will be uploaded so you can rewatch them!
- You will receive a mini-manual with your name watermarked on it.
- Practice stations with answer keys
- BONUS: the first 50 students to register for this course will receive 16 practical stations – you can use these to create your own mock OSCE day!
About Your Instructor
Erin graduated with her Masters of Science in Physiotherapy from UBC in 2007 after completing her Bachelor of Science in Psychology at the University of Victoria in 2005. She has over 9 years of experience designing and implementing effective rehabilitation programs for clients with complex care needs including musculoskeletal and neurological injuries. Erin has worked in both acute hospital as well as private practice rehabilitation settings. She is passionate about neurological rehabilitation, specifically working with individuals who have suffered from acquired or traumatic brain injuries as well as individuals with Parkinson’s disease. Since graduating, Erin has sought out and engaged in over 20 relevant courses and workshops. She has completed numerous courses in Parkinson’s rehabilitation and is certified in both LSVT BIG and PWR and currently teaches weekly group PWR classes for individuals with Parkinson’s disease. Erin is certified in Acupuncture through the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) and is also a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) allowing her to teach weekly adapted yoga classes to individuals with disabilities. In addition to practicing as a physiotherapist at a private neurological clinic, Erin has developed exceptional leadership skills with the experience she has gained managing that same clinic.
Erin has been a yearly examiner for the PCE over the last 7 years and has a great understanding of the examination process. She recognizes the importance of being accountable to timelines and is passionate about providing a positive, effective learning environment to foster success for the candidates who are taking the PCE. Erin is excited to be a part of the PT Exam Prep team and looks forward to working with you!